OK, my first 48 Hour Book Challenge is complete! I actually spent more time reading than I thought I would, but not as much as I would have liked. I also only finished three books. Well, such is life!
Books completed, time spent, and pages read (pages may not match official page count because I had already read part of the books): Links are to my review on Goodreads.
- Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, by Gregory Maguire (4 hours, 252 pp.)
- Inferno, by Dan Brown (7.5 hours, 376 pp.)
- City of Jade, by L.J. LaBarthe (6 hours, 350 pp.)
Total time spent reading: 17.5 hours.
Total pages read: 978
I think that’s pretty good for my first time. I’ll try to improve it next year. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did!
Still reading City of Jade, by L.J. LaBarthe, a historical novel set in 12th century Constantinople and points east along the Silk Road. An interesting book, but seems very sedate. Maybe it’s because I just finished Inferno yesterday, which was a real thrill-ride! I keep waiting for something unexpected to happen in City of Jade, but it hasn’t yet. Anyway, here’s what I’ve read so far:
- Finished Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister (4 hours, 252 pp.)
- Finished Inferno (7.5 hours, 276 pp.)
- 70 pp. into City of Jade (1.5 hours, seems to be going slowly)
Just finished Dan Brown’s Inferno. I’ve enjoyed the three previous titles in his Robert Langdon series (see also Angels & Demons, The DaVinci Code, and The Lost Symbol), but this one is by far the best. So many twists and turns, complicated plot lines, unexpected revelations, and some very interesting ethical questions. I’m not at all sure he can top this one.
Just a quick update: still reading Inferno, by Dan Brown. It’s a great book, and very exciting, but also quite long. I should have it finished tonight, though.
I’ve finished Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister (which, by the way, was a simply amazing book!). Check out my (brief) review on Goodreads. Time to move on to Dan Brown’s Inferno. First, some sleep, though.
Ok. I’m going to try this 48 Hour Book Challenge for the first time. Abby the Librarian has talked about it every year, so I figure it’s time. My 48 hours begins now, 9PM on Friday night. I’ve got some books I really need to finish:
- Gregory Maguire’s Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister (for our Beyond Imagination book group next week)
- Inferno, by Dan Brown (it’s due pretty soon, I love his books, and I really want to finish it)
- Wild, by Cheryl Strayed (for our noon book group a week and a half from now)
If I work at it, I can probably get those done before this time Sunday night. First up, finish Maguire!